Friday, January 9, 2009

3 2 1 Go!

OK so I started my diet on Sunday, and today is Friday and I've lost a respectable 3.2 pounds. this is great, considering I ate out (Italian) on Tuesday and devoured the leftovers on Wednesday. I even enjoyed 2 glasses of wine.
I'm on the road to health, right? Wrong. 
Reading that first paragraph, you'd think I'm relatively new to dieting. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Fact is, me and dieting go way back. WAY back. I know dieting so well, that I will be very successful for the first weeks and months of a diet. Then something happens, and I fail and the pounds come back on. I've dieted many times and been moderately successful (50 pounds or so) but I never reach my goal weight. Not even the sight of my thinner self can motivate me. Depression sets in and rationalizations start, and before I know it, my "fat" clothes no longer even fit me. This happens over and over and over again. I just want to reach my goal weight ONCE in my lifetime!
Let me also say that when I say "diet", I don't mean fad diets, restrictive calorie diets, etc. I use "diet" to mean "healthy eating + exercise".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!