Sunday, September 8, 2019

Weekly Status - Week 36, 2019


Weekly status -- week 36 of 2019

Current State of Mind
It's Sunday, and I feel pretty good about my weekend.  I managed to go to my first exercise class in like, forever. I am sore as sore can be. It hurts to stand, it hurts to sit, but it's because I accomplished something good.   Managed to not go out to dinner at all this weekend, which is amazing.. we usually suck on weekends for cooking. We did order take out one night but I kept under my calories, so win-win!  

Weighed myself Friday. Not too happy with the amount of weight loss but it is certainly within "normal" weight loss range. I expect miracles and get disappointed when it doesn't come true (even when I know it's not possible to be true!) .. damn those voices in my head. You know, the one that is like, "you're going to get on the scale friday and have lost 5 more pounds, yay you!! You've been working so hard, it's a GIVEN!"
Unfortunately that voice just sets me up for disappointment. I'm really trying to focus more and listen to the 'realistic' voice. The realistic voice is always there, but I rationalize it away and ignore it. I need to listen to it!

Current Plan
Want to go to kickboxing 1 time this week, and 1 time on Saturday. 
Continue to track food every day and drink enough water.  No scale until Friday. Work on "me" holistically.  

Accomplishments 
  • Talked to someone on the phone and joined a kickboxing gym. 
  • Actually showed up for the class and did it. 
  • Drank enough water every day
  • Stayed on track food-wise 
Goals + Progress 
Long term 
Goal Date: February 2020 - I am going on another vacation and I want to lose 50 pounds before then. I know it's not just about the losing weight but about my mental state and overcoming emotional eating so my interim goals will more focus around that.   

Progress: 7 pounds lost, 43 to go. 

Short term 
These goals are shorter term, but will restart over again once done: 

1. Logging food every day -  In progress, successful so far! 
2. Going to helpful facebook groups for support - Have been interacting and posting more. I'm finding it helpful! 
3. Getting on the scale only once a week  - On track! Husband is hiding the scale and i'm only getting on the scale on Fridays. Had first friday weight-in this week and I didn't like the number, but I didn't obsess (much). Hopefully with time it will get better. 
4. Blogging at least once a week - Success! 
5. Exploring ways to incorporate mindfulness and meditation into my life - Still to do. Looking at 'calm' app. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!